The chemical composition of A531/A531M-13 steel grade is as follows:
– Carbon (C): 0.10-0.20%
– Manganese (Mn): 1.00-1.60%
– Phosphorus (P): 0.030% maximum
– Sulfur (S): 0.030% maximum
– Silicon (Si): 0.15-0.35%
– Copper (Cu): 0.35% maximum
– Nickel (Ni): 0.25% maximum
– Chromium (Cr): 0.40-0.65%
– Vanadium (V): 0.01-0.10%
These elements combine to provide the desired mechanical properties for A531/A531M-13 steel grade, including its versatility and strength.
In terms of mechanical properties, A531/A531M-13 steel grade exhibits the following characteristics:
– Tensile strength: 70 ksi (480 MPa) minimum
– Yield strength: 50 ksi (345 MPa) minimum
– Elongation in 2 inches: 18% minimum
These mechanical properties make A531/A531M-13 steel grade suitable for various applications that require strength, durability, and versatility. It can be used in the construction of buildings, bridges, pipelines, and other structures, as well as in the manufacturing of heavy equipment and machinery.
A531/A531M-13 is the standard number that specifies the requirements for this particular steel grade. It provides guidelines for the chemical composition, mechanical properties, testing methods, and other relevant details that ensure the quality and consistency of the material.
Overall, the A531/A531M-13 steel grade offers a balance of strength, toughness, and versatility, making it a preferred choice in various industries.