The chemical composition of A939/A939M-15 steel grade is as follows:
– Carbon (C): 0.10% maximum
– Manganese (Mn): 1.00% maximum
– Phosphorus (P): 0.04% maximum
– Sulfur (S): 0.05% maximum
– Silicon (Si): 0.50% maximum
– Copper (Cu): 0.30% maximum
– Nickel (Ni): 1.00% maximum
– Chromium (Cr): 0.20% maximum
– Molybdenum (Mo): 0.06% maximum
These percentages represent the maximum limits for each element in the steel composition, and adherence to these limits ensures the desired strength and durability of the A939/A939M-15 steel grade.
The mechanical properties of A939/A939M-15 steel grade include:
– Yield strength: 240 MPa (35 ksi) minimum
– Tensile strength: 415 MPa (60 ksi) minimum
– Elongation: 18% minimum
These mechanical properties indicate the strength and ductility of the steel grade, which make it suitable for various applications that require high tensile strength and good elongation properties.
A939/A939M-15 is the standard number assigned to this particular steel grade. This standard provides the specifications for the chemical composition, mechanical properties, and other requirements of the steel grade. It ensures consistency and quality control in the production and use of A939/A939M-15 steel.
Corresponding to the A939/A939M-15 steel grade, there might be different grades with similar or different compositions and properties. It is important to refer to the specific standard and grade designation (such as A939/A939M-15) to ensure the desired strength and durability requirements are met.