The chemical composition, mechanical properties, and standard number of A917-08(2015) Steel Grade are outlined in this article.
– Carbon (C): 0.40% maximum
– Manganese (Mn): 1.20% maximum
– Phosphorus (P): 0.025% maximum
– Sulfur (S): 0.025% maximum
– Silicon (Si): 0.15% to 0.35%
– Chromium (Cr): 0.50% maximum
– Nickel (Ni): 0.25% maximum
– Copper (Cu): 0.30% maximum
– Tensile Strength: Minimum 65,000 psi (448 MPa)
– Yield Strength: Minimum 50,000 psi (345 MPa)
– Elongation: 20% minimum
Standard Number: A917-08(2015)
– This standard specifies the requirements for hot-rolled, low carbon steel sheet and strip for cold forming. It covers the chemical composition, mechanical properties, dimensions, and tolerances of the steel grade.
Corresponding A917-08(2015) Steel Grade:
– The corresponding steel grade refers to the specific steel grade that meets the requirements of the A917-08(2015) standard. This ensures consistency and reliability in its composition and properties.
Overall, A917-08(2015) Steel Grade is a low carbon steel with specific chemical composition and mechanical properties, as defined by the A917-08(2015) standard.